Albano Reversal Final Buzzer Beater’ DB, 5 consecutive wins… Korea Gas Corporation, 5th straight victory
DB wrote the drama.
Wonju DB defeated Daegu Korea Gas Corporation 84-83 in the 2022-2023 SKT A-Dot Professional Basketball regular league held at Wonju General Gymnasium on the 25th. He recorded his second five-game winning streak of the season. With 22 wins and 30 losses, it chased Jeonju KCC (22 wins and 39 losses) in 6th place by one game.
Kim Jong-kyu (206cm, C) and Kang Sang-jae (200cm, F) laid the foundation for the reversal. And Lee Seon Albano (185cm, G) completed a dramatic reversal drama. Albano’s 3-point buzzer beater drove KOGAS to a 5-game losing streak.
1Q: Daegu Korea Gas Corporation 25-21 Wonju DB: What if there was no Lee Dae-sung?
[Lee Dae-heon’s 1Q record]
– 9 minutes and 56 seconds, 10 points (2 points: 4/5, free throws: 2/2) 2 rebounds
* Highest score in 1Q among players from both teams
As mentioned above, KOGAS is without Lee Dae-sung as the main scorer Prepared for the DB match. This is because Lee Dae-sung suffered from left adductor muscle pain after the Changwon LG match on the 23rd.
Korea Gas Corporation coach Yoo Do-hoon said before the match, “(Lee) Dae-seong had a strong will to participate. He watched his body condition during morning training. However, he decided not to commit because he was unreasonable. I plan to put it in the Samsung match to be held on the 27th,” he said, conveying Lee Dae-sung’s absence.
Lee Dae-sung was missing, but Lee Dae-heon (196cm, F) took his place. He showed confidence in front of Kim Jong-gyu (206cm, C). Score with shooting moves, fakes, physical fights, and more options. Korea Gas Corporation took the lead in the early stage.
2Q: Daegu Korea Gas Corporation 49-39 Wonju DB: What coach Yoo Do-hoon wanted
[Korea Gas Corporation-DB, 2Q major record comparison]
– Score: 24-18
– Scorers: 6-4
– Scorers with 3 or more points : 5-3
* All in front of Korea Gas Corporation
KOGAS coach Yoo Hoon said throughout the season, “When Lee Dae-seong or the main scorers do not work out in the game, the rest of the players cannot move. In particular, I would like to increase the aggressiveness of the attack.”
However, director Yoo Do-hoon’s wish did not come true. There were many times when Lee Dae-seong (190cm, G) and two foreign players (Murphy Holloway-Devon Scott) had to take responsibility for the match. Due to this, Korea Gas Corporation’s attack on the winning point was read a lot by the other team’s defense.
However, Korea Gas Corporation showed a different performance in the second quarter against DB. Shin Seung-min (195cm, F), SJ Belrangel (177cm, G), Chabawi (190cm, F) and Yang Jun-woo (186cm, G) joined the attack. KOGAS, with various players scoring, finished the first half with a double-digit score difference (49-39).
3Q: Daegu Korea Gas Corporation 66-64 Wonju DB: Fierce pursuit
[DB-Korea Gas Corporation, prepared 3 minutes 12 seconds]
– 3Q start to 3 minutes 12 seconds after 3Q start: 12-2
1) Number of successful 2-point shots: 4-1 2) 2-point shot success
rate: Approx. 66.7%-20%
3) Successful free throw rate: 4-0
4) Free throw success rate: 80%-no attempt did. If you look at the first half, it was like that. But the last home game of the regular season. It was a game where DB players had to boost their morale. Kim Jong-gyu (206cm, C) and Kang Sang-jae (200cm, F), a triple post made up of foreign players, gave strength. Kim Jong-gyu and Kang Sang-jae were especially like that. The height, running, and finish of the paint zone by the two players led DB’s upward trend. DB안전놀이터, who was on the rise, tied the score (51-51) in 3 minutes and 12 seconds from the start of the 3rd quarter. Kang Sang-jae and Kim Jong-kyu both played a big role throughout the third quarter. Kang Sang-jae scored 10 points (2 points: 3/3, 3 points: 1/1, free throw: 1/1), 3 assists, 1 rebound and 1 steal in the 3rd quarter alone, and Kim Jong-gyu scored 8 points, 3 rebounds (attack 1) and 1 block shot. had a synergistic effect with The strength of the two players narrowed the gap between DB and KOGAS. It made me look forward to DB’s reversal drama. 4Q: Wonju DB 84-83 Daegu Korea Gas Corporation: Buzzer Beater
[DB, results of the last 5 games]
1. 2023.03.16. vs Seoul Samsung (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 71-58 (win)
2. 2023.03.18. vs Goyang Carrot (Wonju Gymnasium): 68-57 (win)
3. 2023.03.19. vs Changwon LG (Changwon Indoor Gymnasium): 65-59 (win)
4. 2023.03.23. vs Suwon KT (Wonju Gymnasium): 82-70 (win)
5. 2023.03.25. vs Daegu Korea Gas Corporation (Wonju General Gymnasium): 84-83 (win)
* 2022-2023 season second 5 consecutive wins
Korea Gas Corporation did not want to miss the difficult opportunity. In particular, Yang Jun-woo and Yum Yu-seong (187cm, G), who were waiting for an opportunity in the D-League, were like that. He lightened the shoulders of his seniors with his 3-point shot. And Lee Dae-heon and Murphy Holloway (196cm, F) gave their strength. KOGAS ran away 78-66 in 2 minutes and 52 seconds from the start of the 4th quarter.
DB did not back down as it was. Lee Jun-hee (193cm, G) made the KOGAS defense collapse with an unexpected 3 points (?), and Lee Seon Albano (185cm, G) succeeded in 3 points in the next attack. Kim Jong-gyu also made a left corner jumper. DB, who scored 8 points in a row, chased Korea Gas Corporation 74-78.
Korea Gas Corporation could not stop DB’s upward trend. 1 minute and 21 seconds before the end of the game, they were chased by 82-81. Belrangel missed both free throws he made 12 seconds before the game ended. Only one free throw, taken 5 seconds before the end of the game, was successful.
Albano rebounded Belrangel’s missed free throw. His remaining time was running out, but he hit the left wing. Albano made a 3-point shot there. Albano’s shot went through the rim. The shutdown buzzer rang at the same time. They dramatically won their last home game in the regular season.